Khairul Anwar Hairudin – MANAGING PARTNER
Khairul Anwar Hairudin graduated with honours from University of Malaya. He read in the chambers of Dato’ Lim Choon Khim of Messrs. Chooi, Saw & Lim and was subsequently called to the Bar. During his pupillage, Khairul had the frequent opportunity to assist and be guided by former Federal Court Judge and senior counsel, Datuk Seri Gopal Sri Ram and eventually joined his practice as an associate.
Early into his legal career, Khairul was constantly exposed to counsel work and assisted Datuk Seri Gopal Sri Ram in appeals and applications before the Federal Court and the Court of Appeal in all areas of the law including constitutional law, commercial law and criminal law. Notable cases that he was involved in include: Yui Chin Song & Ors v Lee Ming Chai & Ors  6 MLJ 417 (Federal Court); Ng Chin Tai & Anor v Ananda Kumar Krishnan  10 CLJ 766 (Federal Court); Noor Azman Azemi v Zahida Mohamed Rafik  3 CLJ 295 (Federal Court); Dato’ Ahmad Johari bin Tun Abdul Razak v A. Santamil Selvi a/p Alau Malay @ Anna Malay & Ors and another appeal  MLJU 562 (Court of Appeal); and MRCB Builders Sdn Bhd v Southern Builders (J) Sdn Bhd  MLJU 1426 (Court of Appeal).
Khairul eventually joined Messrs. Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill (LHAG) to hone his skills in solicitor work. There, he gained significant experience in commercial and corporate disputes having had the opportunity to work with senior counsel, Mr. Kumar Kanasingam and Mr. Rosli Dahlan. Foremost in his experience is when he was in charge of and conducted solicitor work for the Kuala Lumpur Vertical City and Eagle High Plantations dispute. He has also contributed articles and bulletins on current commercial law issues for LHAG.
Apart from commercial law, Khairul also takes considerable interest in constitutional law and public law – subjects on which he enjoys writing. He has, at present, co-authored at least two articles one published in the Malayan Law Journal (MLJ) entitled ‘Child Evidence in the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017’ and one in the Journal of Malaysian and Comparative Law (JMCL) entitled ‘The Court of Appeal’s Decision in Muhammad Juzaili bin Mohd Khamis & Ors v State Government of Negeri Sembilan & Ors – A Real Breakthrough in the Law’.
As a proud alumnus of University of Malaya, Khairul is also an active council member of Pertubuhan Alumni Rumpun Fakulti Undang-Undang Universiti Malaya (PARFUM) which is presently under the stewardship of former member of Parliament and Cabinet Minister, Tan Sri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil.
LIST OF REPORTED CASES & ARTICLES
- Datuk Seri Anwar bin Ibrahim v Mohd Khairul Azam bin Abdul Aziz  MLJU 46 (Court of Appeal & Federal Court)
- Alma Nudo v Public Prosecutor  4 MLJ 1 (Federal Court);
- Zaidi bin Kanapiah v ASP Khairul Fairoz bin Rodzuan  3 MLJ 759 (Federal Court);
- Rovin Joty v Lembaga Pencegahan Jenayah  2 MLJ 822 (Federal Court);
- Rosliza bt Ibrahim v Kerajaan Negeri Selangor  2 MLJ 181 (Federal Court);
- Lim Lip Eng v Ong Ka Chuan (as a public officer of a society registered as MCA)  MLJU 762 (Federal Court);
- Country Garden Danga Bay Sdn Bhd v Tribunal Tuntutan Pembeli Rumah  MLJU 81 (Court of Appeal)
- Goh Leong Yong v ASP Khairul Fairoz Rodzuan & Ors  8 CLJ 331 (Federal Court);
- PP v Multi Electrical Supply & Services & Ors  5 CLJ 113 (High Court);
- Cheah Houy Ling v PP  3 CLJ 320 (High Court);