Peter Siew Shyh Shen – PARTNER
Peter Siew graduated with honours from Multimedia University (Malacca). He read in the chambers of Dato’ Davis Yee Fei Churn of Messrs. Davis & Low and was subsequently called to the Bar. Peter then went to practise in Messrs. Manjit Singh Sachdev, Mohammad Radzi & Partners.
Peter has assisted senior counsel with appeals and applications at all levels of the judicial hierarchy including the Federal Court, the Court of Appeal and the High Court in a vast array of matters including civil and criminal cases. Notable senior counsel includes former Federal Court Judge, Datuk Seri Gopal Sri Ram and Dato’ Manpal Singh Sachdev. In addition, Peter is particularly experienced at defending his clients in criminal cases at the Magistrate’s and Sessions Courts – including applications for bail and remand – and general trial work at such Courts. Notable cases that Peter has been involved in include: Goh Leong Yong v ASP Khairul Fairoz Rodzuan & Ors  8 CLJ 331 (Federal Court); PP v Multi Electrical Supply & Services & Ors  5 CLJ 113 (High Court); and Cheah Houy Ling v PP  3 CLJ 320 (High Court).
His experience in anti-corruption and anti-money laundering laws has earned him a commendable repertoire among important enforcement agencies such as the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
LIST OF REPORTED CASES & ARTICLES
- Datuk Seri Anwar bin Ibrahim v Mohd Khairul Azam bin Abdul Aziz  MLJU 46 (Court of Appeal & Federal Court)
- Alma Nudo v Public Prosecutor  4 MLJ 1 (Federal Court);
- Zaidi bin Kanapiah v ASP Khairul Fairoz bin Rodzuan  3 MLJ 759 (Federal Court);
- Rovin Joty v Lembaga Pencegahan Jenayah  2 MLJ 822 (Federal Court);
- Rosliza bt Ibrahim v Kerajaan Negeri Selangor  2 MLJ 181 (Federal Court);
- Lim Lip Eng v Ong Ka Chuan (as a public officer of a society registered as MCA)  MLJU 762 (Federal Court);
- Country Garden Danga Bay Sdn Bhd v Tribunal Tuntutan Pembeli Rumah  MLJU 81 (Court of Appeal)
- Goh Leong Yong v ASP Khairul Fairoz Rodzuan & Ors  8 CLJ 331 (Federal Court);
- PP v Multi Electrical Supply & Services & Ors  5 CLJ 113 (High Court);
- Cheah Houy Ling v PP  3 CLJ 320 (High Court);